Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Where's the Beef...Stroganoff

Okay, just so you know, this post may be a bit disjointed because i want desperately to blog right now, but I have a beef stroganoff on the stove that is ALMOST done, and I am dying to have some. I would love to say that I am starving, but the truth is that i have been tasting the stroganoff regularly for the last half hour and I am really just going to eat at this point so that I can feel like I finished what I started.

***********
Well, that was delicious. And cheap! I am SOOOO over the craving so I froze the rest. Here's how you can tell that times are getting tough and I am trying to be less foot loose and fancy wasteful- i have taken to cooking things for just me in bulk (when you Live Alone and/or Cook For One, 4 or more servings = bulk), and freezing individual servings in freezer bags. Right now I have about three chicken, vegetable, and rice soups, a container of the pasta salad I took to work for lunch this week. It will be there a while- four days in a row of pasta salad you didn't really like but felt compelled to eat all of because it contained expensive ingredients like feta and sun dried tomatoes- yeah that's enough for now, thanks. oh and now there are five beef stroganoffs in there. I realize that I sound like I came from the generation that lived through the great depression, but squirreling away healthy food makes me feel like I am being smart. Wow, when did this turn into a post about stroganoff and freezer bags?

Anyway- I have been thinking and strategizing all day long on the best way to go about doing the great destash. Luckily I have some very talented friends who are interested in some stuff, so I can at least sleep at night knowing that the things have gone to a good home. So! I am gonna start with altered book stuff first and what I can get listed. You know, just to kind of ease into the process of getting rid of all this stuff. That, and maybe some books too. We'll see.

2 comments:

nancyrosetta said...

Now I am hungry for Beef Stroganoff.

I haven't touched the altered art stuff since working on your book that I still have hostage. I should de-stash, too. I really need to send you a package. Damn, I'm a flunkie!

Rogue said...

just as long as i get that goddamm hole punch, i don't care what you start with.

i'm like one of those curler wearin crazed moms who stood at the doors of toys r us the moment they released the new cabbage patch dolls.

HOLE PUNCH!!! AIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!