Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Dresser Update

so I have this old dresser, a freebie from my college roommate. It was a freebie to her. Back then I got it and it was a wacky green with wooden handles. Very farmhouse.

I got the bright idea to paint it a crazy purple (i still love that color, i think it's very dramatic.), take off the hardware and...do nothing else with it for like 5 years. Here it sits, housing lots of sewing doo dads.



And here it is now, still housing sewing doo dads, but in a much more stylish way.


With minimal begging, BF installed some knobs and a fun little handle. Although I am sort of over decals, i still have an inner squeal every time I see this one.

Now here's where we talk a bit about a shift that I am seeing in many of my creative endeavors. You see, those handles are ever so slightly not perfectly aligned. And ya know what? That's okay. Because I have realized that the vision of perfection I have in my mind is the greatest reason why it takes me, oh, EONS to finish things. I am really finding it easy to accept Good Enough these days. Because Good Enough is better in about a thousand different ways than Half Finished.

4 comments:

froghair said...

"Because Good Enough is better in about a thousand different ways than Half Finished."

Huzzah to that, girl!

froghair said...

oh, and super cute dresser redo!

Anonymous said...

I think the knobs, ever so slightly out of alignment gives the old dresser character. Great storage area for goodies. Love the decal also.

Anonymous said...

good friend and former winter boots,teammate Don Nelson invited him to campaign Ecco Casual Shoes.for the Bucks