Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My Next Big Thing

This is my early birthday present. It's sort of like Telemundo to me though- I enjoy it immensely, and yet it baffles me.

I'm sure you're giggling at this, what with my inability to master a little point-and-shoot camera and all. Now here I am trying to use something with, like, EASILY 3 times as many buttons. But I am going to do it! I am determined to learn how to take better photos. Not for the sake of the blog- I like your expectations for me to be low. I intend to continue to post sporadically, and have those posts filled with bad crafting, profanity, and crappy photos. It's what you come here for, isn't it?

Well, I (of course) have come up with a plan for how I am going to learn to use this camera. I'm going to pick a feature, a setting, a program, a component, a something- and focus on it every week or so and see if I can't get at least a slippery grasp on it. This will have a wonderful by-product: I will have motivation to get my ass off the couch, put the knitting down, and go out and be in the wonderful town in which I live. I have to do this both for me, and also for my BF. He's going to be here in less than two weeks (eee!) and he deserves to have an enthusiastic guide/fellow explorer in me.

Also, what with me ever unable to keep from trying too much all at once, I created an account on My Daily Photo. You can keep up with me here. I think it's a super fun concept, and it will be a great reason to keep trying new things with my camera, and a fun way to document a year. Or a fun way to document the next however many days I go till I get sick of it.

Either way, happy early birthday, Holly!

1 comment:

Sooze said...

Well, Happy Early Birthday!
I did the same thing.
Canon Rebel XSi.
Took a class.
Still baffled.
Good Luck with that!