Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Kerry Got Me

I don't normally do these things, but for Kerry I will.

THE RULES:

Rules of the game: Respond and rework. Answer the questions on your own blog; replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention; add one more question of your own. Tag some friends to keep the flow going, let them know they've been tagged.

THE QUESTIONS:

What is your current obsession?
Knitting socks. I think it's just magical. And I love sock yarn. I like that sock knitting enables sock yarn buying. So I think that it's fair to say that stalking etsy and Ravelry for indie sock dyers is my current obsession. Oh, and my new camera. You could call me a fairly obsessive person.

What is your biggest pet peeve?
People who don't use their blinkers. Also people who drive in the left lane on the interstate, and aren't going at least 5 over the speed limit. Or are just cruising in the left lane. MOVE OVER!!!


What was the last thing you bought?
I bought two eyeshadows and a shimmer bronzer on etsy from Colorfulsheep. They are all natural and don't have the ooky stuff in them that regular makeup does. I am very excited to try them out.

What are you listening to right now?
I'm with Kerry- I am stuck on the Kings of Leon album, Only By The Night. I'm also stuck on the new Ray Lamontagne, Gossip in the Grain, and have renewed my love for the Dresden Dolls' No, Virginia. It's just so great.

Favorite vacation spots?
hmmm, that's tough. My favorite vacation ever was the week I spent in Paris. But I also loved Puerto Vallarta in Mexico, and Bermuda. For a quick getaway type trip I love the NC coast and the NC mountains. I'm pretty much a carolina girl to the bone.

Do you have any strange phobias or fears?
(This is the one I changed.) I am afraid of damaging my teeth, DEATHLY afraid of snakes, and the remote fears that I have are: clowns (especially Pennywise), my house burning up, the IRS, and being scalped or horribly disfigured in some freak accident. Swine Flu is also creeping it's way up the list.


What four words would you use to describe yourself?
Hmm, I would say Funny, Imaginitive (not the same as Creative, I think), Crafty, Dichotomous

What is your current guilty pleasure?
sock yarn, Ben & Jerry's ice cream. They are guilty pleasures because i don't need them, but man I can't seem to have enough.


What would you do if the internet was irreparably damaged and you had to find another way to connect?
I'd go out a lot more. I would go hang out at the farmer's market, the yarn store, the dog park, and my favorite place to see music. Maybe the internet should die.


Where are you planning to travel next?
At the end of July I will be doing the West Coast for two weeks: San Francisco up to Seattle, with lots of stops along the way. I can't wait.

What was the best thing you ate or drank recently?
That would be Sunday dinner. It was a belated birthday dinner, and it was awesome: Beef tenderloin medallions, stone crab claws, cheddar mashed potatoes, and grilled veggies. So. Good.

What flower are you most anxious to see bloom this spring?
All my favorites have already come. I love wisteria and it's sweet smell, and tulips are my very favorite flower.

What are you most happy doing?
Knitting or sewing quietly alone, walking with my dog on the beach, traveling and seeing new things, spooning in bed, seeing live music

Care to share some wisdom?
No. I don't have a blog called Wise Is The New Awesome, after all.


I'm not tagging anyone. If they don't do the survey, i will feel really sad, and I'd rather spare myself the disappointment.

No comments: