Sunday, May 10, 2009

Farmer's Market and Dog Show

I can't believe that I am about a week late on this post! The days are just flying by. Once I get home from work (read: where all the pics are stored) I am not going near the computer. There's too much life going on in the house to lock myself away in the office at home. But still, I wanted to share these pics with you.

Last Saturday we went to the sort of Town Square thing where they were holding a dog show, and the usual site of the Farmer's Market. It was such a beautiful (as you can see) and fun day. Lilly came with us, and behaved splendidly. We ate kettle corn, bought tomatoes, ate various samples and enjoyed the Dog Show. Sigh. It was a marriage of all my favorite things. Well an orgy of them, really. Dogs, local produce, handmade things, The Pickle Lady, beautiful spring weather, and so much food you can't believe it.

Let's get on with it then.


Beautiful Weather:
Dolly Parton (costumes were by FAR my fave):


Swine Flu:

Pirate Wench:
Ever wonder what a 73 pound Bassett Hound looks like? Gunther will show you. Bassett Rescue was out at the show and they make me feel all melty and wanty. I am a sucker for floppy ears.
I just can't stand the nice weather.
Child Handler Event. A girl and her Big Pink Bow and her Whippet. Even my heart of stone melted for them.
I love doing all my produce shopping here. It really gets no better.
Lilly, having what possibly amounts to the Time of Her Life.

2 comments:

Ricë said...

i love lilly's expression: "WOW!"
great photos--i'm totally envious of your farmers' market. ours tries so hard but is so very tiny.

midland is the opposite of green. the opposite of Eat Locally. we figure the farther it has to travel, the better it must be. unless it comes from france, and then, no. france is, of course, The Devil.

Holly said...

Ricë, that is one thing we have going for us- tons of local farmers and growers and what not. The Pickle Lady learned the pickle business from her great aunt, and all the farms that sell at the market are family-owned. And let me tell you, we bought some tomatoes and made a tomato pie with them- and when I bit into it, i could hear angels sing. True story.