Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Job Woe. Then Triumph. Then Woe. Then Triumph.

Here at the Stupid house, it's really been a week or so of big ups and downs, especially of the Job variety.

Down: It seemed as though even the Wine Store down the street did not want BF's help. Sigh.

Up: He hit the streets, literally, and dropped resumes off in person. And it paid off! Someone who was not even hiring would be in touch!

Down: The holiday weekend came and went, and no one was in touch.

Up: Then they finally got in touch! On Wednesday- could BF come in for an interview that Friday?

Down: Later that afternoon, we learned that I would have to take a pay cut. We didn't know how much, but I was advised to find a second job. Commence to wringing of hands.

Up: He got the job! The upside is he got the job! It's sales, so working on comission isn't always favorable, especially when no one wants to buy anything, but it's a job! And it's one that I know he can succeed in.

Down: Part-time job searching proves tough on me. I don't do F&B, I hate the public, and I really just want one job.

Up: Today it seems that it was just a false alarm. No pay cuts after all! Still looking for a second job, just a bit of extra cash to put away before the trip. The main thing is we are no worse for the wear, possibly better even, and things will be fine.

This week has been a booger. And it's only Tuesday! I feel like I have been on a roller coaster. A fucking serious one, at that. We've gone up and down and up and down, and I just squinched my eyes shut tight and held on for dear life. Now it feels like the ride has come to a stop, but I am a bit scared to open my eyes. I'd like very much to get back to the business of knitting and singing to the dogs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea for the BF. Now less stress and you can enjoy your trip.