Monday, June 1, 2009

Knitted Things Unfinished

And now, the things that I am occasionally knitting on, and thusly they remain unfinished.


Fetching, by Cheryl Niamath
US5 needles
Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK yarn

I love the color and the pattern has made for good movie knitting. However, it's sort of a hollow victory, working on stuff like this and then realizing that once you finish it, try it on, and then take a pic of it, the item then heads to the top shelf of the closet till the fall (at least). Curse you, temperate climate.

Anthropologie Inspired Capelet, by Julia Allen
US11 needles
Mirasol Miski in Snowdrop, held double (it's the best thing ever)

This is almost done, but now that all is left is one sleeve's ribbing and weaving in all those god forsaken ends, I am sort of bored with it. I hate how I get like that. Anyway, it seems to fit pretty well, and it's awfully cute, and will look good in the spring over a sundress. I consider the long, long time before I can wear it to be the perfect time to scout around the thrift stores for a truly magnificent brooch for pinning it closed at the neck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have yet to knit socks or gloves, jealous of your accomplishments.

nancyrosetta said...

Look at you and the knitting!! Wow, girl, you have made some serious progress!