Monday, September 14, 2009

I Think This Will Work

Go ahead. Make my Moving Day.

That was my terrible attempt at angering the gods of Moving. I don't really want them to mess anything up. Especially with me teetering on the edge of madness at this point. But I am feeling so proud of my efforts, and of my breaking my cycle of procrastination...I just feel so good about this.

Famous last words, I know.

We have really got just a little of this and a little of that to pack. Just three kitchen cabinets left, and maybe a stack of clothes. Okay fine- probably another box of bits and pieces in the office. But then we are ready to go. And me- Miss Procrastination Herself- well I feel like i have really turned a corner. I have had this move planned and pre-arranged and I have to say- I just love not flying by the seat of my pants when it comes to transporting all my Worldly Possessions in one day. Utilities are switched, addresses are forwarded, and appointments are set for meeting with various assorted people so I can give them Checks and they can hook Things up.

And then today I arranged for a gift to myself- a most wonderful gift.

We hired movers. I wore BF down. He originally said no way, no how would we pay people. I pouted. Then the case mounted against him. It became apparent that on Tuesday, fortunately for them, all our friends are at work. Especially the strong ones. Then I waved my Noodly Little Girl Arms at him, and asked just HOW he thought these disproportionally short, fleshy, NOT muscular arms would fare in helping shimmy a queen mattress down a set of stairs. He turned pale, but still stood his ground. The last nail in the moving coffin: TMI probably, but it seems as though Wednesday is the beginning of my Lady Time. Monthly Troubles. Womanly Curse. Which means that by my calculations, cramps, fatigue, anger, tears, and frustration should set in around Tuesday afternoon. He did concede that he would rather that all my rage be directed at some cookies and some movers, rather than at him while holding half a couch on a flight of stairs. Ah, the taste of victory- should go nicely with the cookies i have stashed away.

I hope the animals make it through this alright- they aren't coping well. Charlie seems to enjoy all the boxes, and packs himself up regularly. However, he knows what moving is all about, so he is FAR more friendly these days. I think he wants to make sure that we don't have a Home Alone moment, and sit back and relax at the new house, wondering what it is we forgot- then look at eachother agast and scream in unison; "CHARLIE!!!!!" The other two- the dogs- well, they aren't really sure just what to think. Lilly seemed annoyed till she saw Suitcases being packed. That sends off alarm bells in her itty bitty head. Since then she has been more clingy, whiny, and irritating than usual. But she gets a pass this week. Maya- well she takes her every cue from Lilly, so now that she feels she has a good reason to be anxious...well, let's just say it's time to get this over with.

So, the next time I check in with you, hopefully it will be with pics of the new place! And hopefully on Friday, which will indicate that our cable and internet set up went as planned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the photos.

Kerry said...

I didn't know you were moving!! I can't wait to see pics and hear more of your stories. Lots of pics girl... lots. And I don't care if it is decorated yet or not.