Thursday, October 1, 2009

So, that actually worked

We moved.

It's all over, and now I can unpack. Or rather, keep unpacking. So very, very, very much to unpack.

It's funny, unpacking a house. You see where your priorities are. The kitchen is completely done, and the sunroom is as done as it will get for a while. The rest? Eh...I'm trying.

I am so very very sore, and very tired. But, for the first time in my adult life, I love where I live. I love my home. This is such a nice feeling. I can't imagine what it will be like, knowing where all my stuff is in a house I love. And if I could just hurry up and make up my mind on some new furniture...This will just be great.

The animals made it okay. I thought that we lost Charlie yesterday, and Maya got out of the yard twice, but all in all we are settling in and getting used to the sounds of toenails click clicking on the wood floors.

And another thing, and hopefully this will make for good blog fodder- we have made a commitment, he and I. Well, I have. I have decided that we are buying a few things Brand New- just a few. All the rest, all the furniture in the house, will be second hand. I have already done some yard sales, and soon plan to hit the Habitat resale store. It should be fun- I am looking forward to this little project.

Back tomorrow with pics, hopefully. I remember putting the camera bag somewhere and thinking "this is a great place for this. I will know where it is all the time." Not so sure where that is now. Oopsie.

1 comment:

froghair said...

hooray! I love that you love where you live. I mean it. makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

and woot! to second hand. I have made a similar commitment (mostly to myself) to go second hand whenever possible. Sometimes, that just isn't feasible, but when it is, that's just the greatest.