Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Partial FUNemployment

Oh wow, what an interesting week this is shaping up to be.

As of yesterday, I have received a cut in work hours and pay to a new as of yet undetermined amount.

And hey, guess what? I am sort of not so secretly excited about it.

I have no debt to speak of. I can pay my bills with unemployment checks, so really anything above that (plus health insurance!) is pretty darn spiffy. And it gives me more time to make messes in the kitchen!

So even though I am ever so slightly freaked out, the idea of having more time off during the holidays to really enjoy them is sort of tempting to me. The idea of looking for a really fun part time job to maybe make some extra cash is sort of interesting too. Or maybe an internship in a field I have only dreamed of before? Or maybe just a temporary yet mandatory slow down of life and a recharging of my internal batteries? I am all fluttery with the possibilities that I have been given. I want to make this into a blessing.

I suppose that now I will have no excuse not to update this blog more often. With pictures, even.

1 comment:

Ellen-Mary said...

"I suppose that now I will have no excuse not to update this blog more often. With pictures, even."

That's just crazy talk! :)