Monday, November 23, 2009

Resurrected Green thumb

I swear, i live in a seasonal Twilight Zone or something. When the rest of the bloggy world is filled with pics of changing leaves and things dying off, there is new stuff popping up all around here. This is especially good since I am REALLY trying this time, once again, to not kill plants.

These I am super proud of. BF bought me the little growing kits in the $1 section of target. I have lavender, basil, parsley, some weird flowers, and ornamental peppers. And I started them from seed and they are actually growing!
This is a zombie fuschia plant. I thought I totally killed it when we went on vacation this summer. The thing was just a bunch of bare sticks by the time we came home. I then left it in it's haging position because I am trashy. One day it rained, and tiiiiiiny little leaves popped back up. Now it's almost full and lush and even has flower buds! I can't believe my good luck with Undead Plants.
Paperwhites! Grown from a bulb kit. They are really growing! I can't believe it. I have bought all manner of those grow kits before, and never once have I gotten them to grow. But these are in the sunroom, and they are happy as can be. I am just so proud of myself I could burst. Me, the Worst Gardener In The World, growing things. Wow.
And! Another zombie plant! I even tried to throw this one away before we moved. I don't get to have much in the way of interesting plants, since the last place was rather shady, and so is our new back yard. Anyway, i thought i threw this plant's carcass away but i guess i totally didn't. There was a dirt clump in the bottom of a pot. That pot sat in the garage for a while, when i noticed a tiny little sprout. I put it outside, and then one day it looked like this! Who knew- water and sunshine, that's all that plants need! I can tell you that come spring i will be taking this little nugget of wisdom all the way to the nursery.
Sorry for following a week of silence with such an inane post. But ya know, nature is just a marvelous thing. And when it foils my best attempts at destroying it, in November no less, well it's worth at least a little discussion.

No comments: