Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Spring Is Here, Nanny Nanny Boo Boo!

Yes, I am now officially taunting people. We have spring, you don't. HA! That is right, I am laughing while I can. Especially since you will be laughing when you have lovely breezy days in the high 70's and I am laying on top of my air conditioner, covered in sweat and cursing this Southern Existence of mine. But for now, I play in the dirt.

I live in a shady little spot. For the most part I like it quite a bit, but it makes having plants difficult. All the super pretty colored ones seem to want sun. I don't have any to really spare, so I went with some low light stuff for the front porch. I wish I could take this little pot with me everywhere; I love it so much.

Here's the very under exposed back porch. The picture is good in that it shows you just how quickly it's dark back there. I sort of love it that way though. As you can see, the cat, Buddha, and The Best Rocking Chair Ever make it all nice and cozy. The calla lillies, my second favorite behind tulips, don't hurt any either. I don't know how well you can see it from the pic but that rectangle planter is holding my most favorite arrangement. I had so much fun putting it together. I have no idea what the plants are in it, but when the Nursery Lady was writing up my ticket, she went nuts over it and said that I must be artsy or have a background in plants. Since I consider myself neither, this made me feel good.


And finally, the terrarium that I made a while ago needed some new inhabitants. I have a hard time with this thing- I can't seem to find anyone who gets along with the lone survivor, the guy in the 6 o'clock position. Everyone else wants all sorts of water and sunlight and bedtime stories and all sorts of botanical coddling that I am not prepared to give. so I snatched up these little succulents when the label on them basically said "likes total crap for soil and doesn't give a shit about water." I mean I am paraphrasing, but I feel the same way. Now I just need to switch out the critters, and do a bit of re-staging. I finally found a T-Rex like I wanted, and I have a blue stegasaurus that would look fantastic in there. Wow, when did I turn into a 5-year-old boy? I guess sometime around when I realized that "scrotum" is the funniest word ever, and farts are the funniest sound ever.

So yeah, spring has sprung here in the Awesome house! And this is one of the many reasons I have been sort of non-bloggy lately.

1 comment:

Ricë said...

scrotum and farts! snork.

i'll trade you a little dragon for your t-rex--