Friday, June 20, 2008

Are you there, God? It's me, Maya's colon

Well, how long is too long for a dog to go without pooping? Maya's bowels have been either feast or famine since Monday when we had The Crate Incident- you know, not coming to work with me, starting on fish oil (i am sure too much and I take full responsibility for that) and shitting her pants in her crate TWICE, most notably the time at 3am when I awoke to both the sound and smell of diarrhea.

Well! thanks to lots of hugs, kisses, canned pumpkin, yogurt, boiled chicken and steamed rice, the digestive pendulum has swung the other way. Yep, she seems to not really be giving me anything of value to pick up these days. A small turd on Wednesday, a smaller turd on Thursday that was mostly hair and pumpkin (hair? yep, hair. I know- don't ask me I just work here) and nada since then. I am giving her till Sunday, and then I am feeding her a Numero Quatro from Senor Tequila. That should loosen things right up.

And today in thrift store news- I have $4 and I ma not afraid to use it. I have recently come across a very nifty tutorial on unraveling old sweaters to salvage the yarn. Well, first I scoured my closet and while i have lots of unworn sweaters, I can't unravel them because I am certain that I will in fact fit into them again one day. No really, I will! So anyway I thought i would go to thrift stores and find hideous, shoulder padded, mock turtlenecked monstrosities in fun wool and perhaps a nice cashmere or something- shut up, a girl can dream. Anyway, I hit the Kidney Foundation store, and came up with nada. Turns out they put away their sweaters already this year! Why ever for? You are really not making the best use of your store when you don't have sweaters available for purchase in a south carolina summer, if you ask me.

I did find something nifty that would probably be an utter disappointment (one of those sewing things that looks like a stapler) for like $3.99. I will most likely not get it, but i hid it behind a bunch of other crap just in case.

Tomorrow I hit the new shiny Goodwill that has recently opened up. If I don't at least find some sweaters to paw through and silently judge, I am gonna be pissed.

the Kidney foundation taught me a very important lesson though- from now on I will keep my camera with me at all times- you never know when something awesome will show up. For instance, if I had brought the camera with me today, I would have a picture of a box containing something called The Kegel that was perched way high on a shelf. It looked really strange. I wonder if it was like a thighmaster for your lady parts. Oh and also there was a bin of barbies at the front with a sign on them that said "Please Do Not Undress." Well obviously that made me want to run over and strip them all naked and pose them in some sordid plastic orgy type fashion, but I didn't. It still would make a great picture though. Oh well, there's always next time.

No comments: