Friday, November 21, 2008

A Blast From the Past....Literally

This showed up in my inbox today. The subject was FW: The ghost of Holly Past. It looked like spam, so I almost didn't open it. But, when i did I got something fantastic that is really really making me laugh:

Greetings from your past. In the fall of 2005, you agreed to receive this message,
which has been preserved for a year in the Forbes.com E-Mail Time Capsule. For more
details, visit http://www.forbes.com/capsule

Here is the text of your message:
Hello Holly!

This is the Holly from three years ago. You have now received this email that you
typed out three years ago while you were hanging out at (edit:work name) doing
nothing.

I wanted to send you this as a reminder of what you hoped for and dreamed of for
this point in your life. If you have not accomplished all of these things, then
that's okay. I am sure that you are even more fabulous than you were three years ago. If
you haven't done any of these things, and you are reading this either on (edit:street)
Blvd, or (edit: work name) then you are a lazy stupid a-hole, and you need to get
moving before life passes you by! Here's what you wanted to be doing in three years:



1. You wanted to start a company around your jewlery making, and call it "The Strut
and Crow" or "Strut and Crow Beads" or something like that. But Strut and Crow was a
main component. **oh geez.**


2. You wanted this company to be in good standing with the IRS, and able to be
turning a profit by the time that you received this email. Just like a grown-ups
business. **this is funny. I remember being truly bewildered by the ins an outs
of setting up a business**

3. You wanted to be living in Nashville, and enjoying a great life up there.
**hindsight really IS 20/20, no?**

4. You wanted to have a dog by then. One that is nice to Charlie, and is named
Cooper, to remind you of Charleston.
**check! well, her name is not Cooper but I love her all the same**

5. You wanted to be in a stable relationship within three years (although you
would never admit to anyone that you wanted this). **check! I guess you could call
us stable**

6. You wanted to spend your days doing things that make you happy, and have a job
that you really, truly love. **Check!**

7. You wanted to be able to keep your car and house reasonably clean, and not go
on ice cream binges, or drink till you puke by accident (although on purpose is ok).
**i would go ahead and tentatively say check! on this one**

I hope that the Holly of the Future is sort of like the Holly of the past. However,
I hope that Future Holly is smarter, braver, and richer than past Holly. And likes
who she is.

I hope that Future Charlie doesn't shit on the floor in front of the litter box.
**future Charlie still has work to do with this one, I'm afraid**
















1 comment:

nancyrosetta said...

Holly that is awesome!
I wish I could hear what I said about myself 3 years ago!