Monday, November 3, 2008

What a Great Saturday

I am sorry I don't have more pictures. I was just too busy having fun. I promise to take pictures the next time I head out to

The Farmer's Market!

It was a beautiful day that was sort of fall like (not oppressively hot, but not cold enough for a sweater- sigh) and I was so excited to go to the farmer's market downtown. As a side note, I took my French Market Bag and it could not have worked out better. A Lady With a Purse Booth even commented on it and just had the nicest things to say. By then it was full of green tomatoes, and it works just great with stuff in it that has a bit of weight to it. I want to go back and buy more stuff just so I can feel the love for the bag again.


There were the usuals- TONS of jewelry, some soaps, bath products, jams and jellies (I got an apple butter and a Cactus and Prickly Pear Jelly) and other fun artsy things. It was a great time, and I really should make a point of buying y produce there. It was gorgeous and they had zucchinis as big as my leg. Almost.

Then we went to Cupcake, a store that surprisingly sells, well, cupcakes. Mine is the pecan praline one. Delicious sugar coma ensues.


Then we went to the Habitat for Humanity store where I got this gem:



Beautiful. I just love love love this chair. I got it for $28! It's so comfy, comes with a cushion that I am actually sort of loving and is in good condition, and has the most satisfying little creaks and groans. I even bought it in spite of the fact that I know it will be great for the porch but a little voice said "One day it would be nice to have in a nursery." I told that voice to STFU, and smacked the snooze button on my biological clock once more. I swear, it is the strangest things that make my ovaries twitch a bit and thing that a kid wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Funny how the universe works though- while checking out we saw the rudest woman who happened to also be parent to the Rudest Child Ever, and well, now i think that rocking in my chair while doing some knitting will be just fine for now, thank you.

the rest of my loot will be revealed in due time: It's some linen napkins that will be hit hard with the fabric paint, and two place mats which believe will be made into something awesome to show you very soon. All for about $8 (the fabric that I got was some nice upholstery weight fabric, about 2 yards worth).

Then we went to Cobwebs, the place where I got my office chair and then I said a silent prayer of thanks for bringing my camera so that I could show you the strangest thing ever.




Now isn't that just the strangest thing you have ever seen in your life? Probably not, but for some reason, seeing all the crutches and walkers suspended from the ceilling over a second hand dining room table and chairs just struck me as incredibly bizarre. I laughed for the longest time about it too. I don't know why. Just one of those things. But man it looks strange. I didn't buy anything, but they have some really great desks there for like $40. I plan to wait and see if I can't maybe score one for like $20. Now that would be something to shout about.

Hope you all had a fantastic weekend! Make sure to get your asses to the polls tomorrow!

1 comment:

Pretty Things said...

Woah, the walkers! For a split second I thought of geriatric trapeze artists that had missed their mark!

(Pass the cupcakes, please....)