Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I Forgot to Show You This

Can't believe I forgot to show you this bag I made. It's the French Market Bag and it was a pretty easy knit. Miles upon miles of stockinette. Hundreds of miles. Here it is, all finished, but before felting:


And here it is after felting. Were you to be fmailiar with the pattern, or perhaps if you were to click on the link above, you would see that mine did not come out looking like the pattern at all. It is MUCH shallower, and doesn't look that hot, even after my half-assed attempts at staging the bag. Complete with dead plants in the background.



I am not sorry I made it, and I guess now i can see that it would be a great bag to take to the yarn store with me (as I can fit no more in there that what it would take to make half a sweater), heehee giggle snort. I will sadly not be going to the yarn store anytime soon, but that's okay.

I am not ready to face this bag again quite yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go to my projects and look at Mel's bag before and after felting.
I have one the same size as yours--it was the first one I made--Mel's bag is the second.