Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I Have Returned From Not Going Anywhere



Well, I guess you will have to look elsewhere if you would like to keep seeing pics with dead plants in the background.

My mom has been here since Saturday (two days longer than expected) and she was very productive. We did all sorts of things to fancy up the house, but she did the porch as a surprise while I was at work yesterday. Looks really nice, no?

Charlie thinks so. The mums mystify him.

I will have something awesome and crafty to show you tomorrow, and another FO to show you the day after that. Then I imagine I will disappear again for a few days. BF is coming to town, and that's always fun. And so are a gaggle of others, all coming for the two nights of Panic here at the Coliseum! I'm really looking forward to it.

Other things of note: I am no longer scared of my sewing machine, and plan on sewing my butt off after all the Panic madness dies down. I helped with tomorrow's show and tell, and I swear, I have no idea why that stupid sewing machine has been allowed to terrify me so. I also got a new washing machine that I can't wait to throw sweaters in. I also used my fireplace for the first time ever last night, and that was neat. It's getting chilly here at night, finally. Time to step it up on the knitting i guess. and hey, I can finally finish that stupid throw I started like a million years ago. It started to get warm and it was too hot to knit under that stupid thing.

Hope all is well with all of you!

2 comments:

nancyrosetta said...

Your mom did an awesome job on the porch. I wish my mom would come over and clean my house. She can work on the outside if she wants, but the inside really needs it.

You are going to have so much fun at the Panic show! You always do!

Anonymous said...

looks like the perfect place to knit and gossip
if you need help with the machine I might be able to--although if it is a new fancy one I would be scared too