Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Where I Sleep: A Massive Undertaking

Okay, well it's finally time to unveil the secret sewing project from like a month ago. It's also the reason I am no longer scared of my sewing machine.

So I guess that with the exception of Maya's crate, my whole room is handmade or upcycled in some way. Here's my bed, in all it's glory. The colors are most accurate in this pic, so apply them to the remaining photos.


Mom and I upholstered the headboard ourselves. We made the duvet cover and the dust ruffle by ourselves. Well, mostly her, but I helped. I can report that I picked out all of the fabric myself, which is proof that I do have good taste on occasion. Mom brought me the night table, and she made the little cover out of the same stuff as the headboard, cause she's clever.

Here it is, still restful and comfy and warm and on lifts. I love climbing into bed at night, because I actually have to climb. It's fun. All the pic is missing is the rotten kitty who usually sleeps on the bed all day and all night. My animals are really lazy.

And here's a detail of the dustruffle (sort of). This was an epic battle. I can't even begin to explain.

No comments: