Friday, October 10, 2008

My Dog is Famous! (sort of) Part II

Well here it is in it's entirety. My doggie, in all her Supplement-to-Charleston-Magazine-Glory.

The cover:
The article, complete with craptastic pic of me. I take exception with this article, as I don't really feel like what I said was fairly summarized, but I understand. A half page puffy piece about a gal and her dog has no room for the fact that she was not my first choice, and I went home and thought about it over night, thinking that no one else loved her so maybe I could try. It also makes no mention of the fact that the first weeks we had together were trying, bleak, exasperating, pee soaked weeks. But hey, this isn't investigative journalism so yeah, sure, she's great. As the Yarn Harlot says, click to embiggen (i just love that):
Full page photo with a quote that makes me sound bitchy and like I think my dog was better than her classmates. Nice paraphrasing. What I really said was, "Even though she didn't learn as fast as the others, and refuses to do things like lay down, she's just naturally polite and puts her peers to shame in that way.
And finally, Maya in her favorite place (on blankie in crate) with a whopping huge massive pig ear. She ate it all that day. Normally she hangs out on the couch with me, but no way in hell is a slobbery wet pig ear being consumed on my couch. Nope.

1 comment:

nancyrosetta said...

You two look wonderful! Great little article, and no, you don't sound bitchy, just proud...even tho it wasn't exactly what you said.

What a pretty pup Maya is, I think this is just the start of her modeling career!