Thursday, October 9, 2008

Hooray for Sweaters


Here's what $25 (give or take) will get you at the Goodwill!

Yep, that is 10 wool sweaters, just ripe for the felting. i wanted to get them all in one shot, and it wasn't too easy. There are solids, solids with stripes, stripes, that black and white one has flowers and bitchin metal hook hardware thingies, and a BEAUTIFUL fisherman's sweater that I almost- ALMOST- hate to felt and use. But hey, it's well made and has beautiful cabling all over it, and when felted and used (I'm thinking) with that solid blue one- beautiful! And let's not forget that fun beige one. I have big plans for it that came to me as soon as I saw it. It has a snowflake, a reindeer, and two evergreen trees on it, so I think that it is A+ Christmas stocking material.

Don't you love how there are always dead plants in the background of all my pics? I do.

I have felted a few of them now, and they took two cycles in the washer to felt them enough to blur the stitches. The amount of shrinkage still just boggles my mind. Adult sweaters went in, little kid sweaters came out! So much fun. I just hate that they take two cycles in the washer. It makes me feel guilty for using up that water and energy. But I have to, because one of the ideas I have is too much fun to not use these sweaters.

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Be sure to check out http://blog.betzwhite.com/ the blog that goes with the book I sent you. She has tons of cool projects for sweaters. You got a great stash there!!

Make me a cupcake pin cushion.

Holly said...

hahaha! you got it!