Wednesday, January 14, 2009

In Which I Am Incredibly Stupid.

heehee.

Pretty snazzy hat, huh?

this is a lesson in trusting one's gut and reading directions. You see, the trusting the gut comes in when you say to yourself "man, this looks nothing like the picture, and it seems to be flippin HUGE. Perhaps it's time to rip it back" As you can see, I did not say that to myself and wound up with an incredibly large hat.

Even better is that the incredibly large hat would never have been made if I had just read directions. You see, a knitting needle has two ways of sizing. There's the US way, which of course makes very little sense, and there's it's designation in millimeters. Well, the two are not interchangeable. Therefore one should not grab a 10mm set of double pointed needles instead of the US10s.

One should also notice much sooner than I did if they do grab the wrong needles. Oh well.

What was the name of that character from Fat Albert? That's who I feel like.

4 comments:

nancyrosetta said...

:D

Too funny!

It's all a part of learning!

Ricë said...

if it's wool, perhaps you could full it?

Kerry said...

LOL... is that your Robin's Egg Hat? If so... is it kinda blueish gray? I got some nice glass colors that would make a flipping wonderful button for it.

I got stopping in JoAnns yesterday wearing my hat. I was so proud. You are gonna love it when you use the right needles!!

Oh and the "word verification" of random letters I have to type in to post this comment is "nopecult". LOL.

Holly said...

Ricë- it's a wool acrylic blend, so I don't think it would work. Besides, with my luck it would come out the size of a yarmulke!

Kerry- It's the Banana Republic Knockoff hat. Very similar to the Robin's Egg. I just frogged it down to the band and started over and am doing the whole thing on a US8 circ. the gauge is AWESOME. It doubled in thickness and will be soooo warm if I don't lose interest. I'm gonna do a Robin's Egg soon though!

Nancy- You're right. If it wasn't for learning the hard way, I wouldn't ever learn anything at all.