Monday, January 5, 2009

What I Did On Christmas Eve

I realize that this is a long time overdue, but hey- that doesn't make it any less of a beautiful, beautiful thing.

I decided that since I was home alone while everyone else was doing their holiday thing that I should be productive, and give myself a gift that I had wanted to give me for a while- I clean my Office/ Den of Haywire Crafting. A daunting task to be sure.

Here's Maya. If anyone looks daunted by this idea, it's her. She's hiding her face in one of her many, many blankets.
I didn't take a Before, but I took a During. Prepare to run screaming from this horrific monstrosity.

And because you needed another angle of the madness- notice how deep the rubble goes on the left of the chair by the table. that is stacked clear up to the table, people. I wasn't playing around.

A while later, this is what happened. I really, truly feel Accomplished and Organized. And yep- those storage bins are labeled. Now here is a handy tip I picked up from Real Simple a while back: make the most of closet space by using the over the door shoe holder thingies for random odds and ends. I have done just that. Now random bars of soap, solvents, duct tape and hot glue guns all have a place to call home. So does the label maker. I am ashamed to say that the box up top with all the tubes contains many unframed concert posters, and also an incredibly large sheet of paper signifying my greatest achievement to date. Oh well, someday:
And then Santa came! (I know I am going to hell for this, but I don't care. The little beard sealed it for me. I mean, come on- there's funny and there's funny. This is funny.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well done
I think I need a label maker, I might get organized if I had one.

Ricë said...

i'm sending your address to the SPCA. clothes on animals: for shame.

Holly said...

Tutu- you should totally get one. It's changed my life.

Ricë- you are insane! Looking cute in clothes and hats is how animals pay us back for not doing anything all day while we work and clean up after them. I don't make the rules, I just live by them.