Friday, February 13, 2009

A Dog's Day at the Beach

Today Maya and I went to the beach for a nice long walk in the sand with our buddies. It was about 70 and sunny this afternoon, so we threw on our flip flops and Gentle Leaders and headed for the beach.

Maya is looking forward to going bye in the car, and is smiling and wiggling in anticipation:
The beach walk was lots of fun. We saw lots of empty horseshoe crab shells, perfect bivalves with both halves attached, and tons of snail and conch shells. Oh, and most of a starfish. Here's a massive abalone:
The beach we were on was actually a barrier island. So the four of us walked all the way to the end, and sat and rested a while on the point. Maya is looking at where the river and ocean meet. She found it fascinating, and really likes ocean breezes. She closes her eyes and sticks her nose up high in the air and breathes deeply. She made it look like so much fun that I tried it too, and it didn't disappoint.
She sure can strike a pose. I wish that in the course of striking it though, that she would not sit on her tail and make it look like she has some weird Tail-Weener thing going on. Luckily she is pretty enough to make up for it.
The reason why I am showing you this is not to make the Northerners moan and groan in jealousy (like i have with all of your beautiful snow, ice, and winter pics!), or to show off mu super pretty dog (okay that's kind of a lie) but to explain to you why I just could not bring myself to post about what all I have made this week. We walked so long, so far, and now that my legs ache and my belly is full of beef tenderloin and I am so Happy Tired (you know, the kind of Tired where you are worn out in a good way, because you had a lot of fun actually Doing Something, not just Sitting Around) that I simply cannot muster up the energy to take pics of what I have been making this week. I will just say that I promise to take pics in the daylight and tell you all about it.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, and a great Valentine's Day if that's your thing. If flowers and chocolate and sweet nothings don't do it for you, then I hope you are still getting a chance to spend time with the ones you love or the things you love doing.

No comments: