Sunday, February 15, 2009

Confessional Sunday!

What did I buy this week that I should confess? NOTHING! Yay!

I need to get to sewing, but I am just POOPED. Today I walked the biggest bridge in the area, and that was fun, but quite the effort. It's a very steep incline and all these strange muscles I have not used in quite a while were crying out for mercy.

Then I did something very unlike me and went to the Wildlife Expo that was in town. It was a chilly day, but a few girls bundled up (Viva La Handknits!) and headed down to the river to watch the retreiver trials, the Boykin Spaniel demonstrations (which showed to me just how willful and disobedient my dog can be) and just wandered around to look. There were tons of food vendors, and i abstained from the fried gator, although i LOVE it. I couldn't resist the hot kettle corn though. I am full to the brim of it and I am not sorry.

Then there was my favorite thing- the Dock Diving Competitions! They had events like speed retreiving, big air, and distance, and I loved it. We wound up front row on the back side of the pool they had set up, and got to watch the dogs getting ready to take their jumps. It was too funny. When one would hit the platform all the others would howl, quiver, and whine- I guess they were rotten with jealousy that it was not their turn to take a jump. It was too cute. Some of the other labs and such that were there watching began to sing and howl too- they wanted to play too! Anyway, here's their event calendar and you should really go see them if they are in your area.

One thing that I love about my town is how dog-friendly it is. There is quite possibly the world's most wonderful dog park here, and there are lots of events throughout the year where dogs get to go and see and be seen just like their people. Their were TONS of dogs there in all shapes and sizes. I hope mine can get to the point where she can go out for a day like that. Maybe one day.

I hope you all had a weekend as fantastic as mine.

No comments: