Thursday, February 5, 2009

It's Not All Anxiety Here- We Knit Too.

I think that today we will take a break from talking about Separation Anxiety. But only after I say that Maya was in her crate for 6 hours today and did not pee. I am proud of her.

Anyhow, I am also sort of tired of talking about it, and I want you to believe me when I tell you that I am in fact still making stuff. Slowly, but surely. How's about we look at it what I am working on?

This is the scarf I talked about a while ago (I'll link to the pattern and all that when it's finished and I make you look at it again. Let's just look at pics today, shall we?). I really think that for a while after this I will be sticking to cowls, neckwarmers, and the like. Scarves are just a bit too...well it's a lot of the same, you know? I was so enthusiastic about this one, but I am just kinda over it now, and not yet half done. I will finish it because I am loving the product, but have gotten bored with the process. Lovely though, isn't it? I got the yarn half off over the summer, and don't you know it's discontinued now. Otherwise I would buy it for everything. Self striping yarn is just loads of fun.
I like the yarn so much I took another picture:
This is a very boring labor of love. It's actually not so bad, but the fact that I am a slow knitter, and it HAS to be done and in the mail to my BF by Monday or so just makes me sort of look at it and sigh. I can finish it though, I know I can. It's just a ribbed hat, nothing fancy. And he steadfastly refused to measure his head for me, so all I can do is hope that it fits. We all know about how I do with hats. It could come out like a yarmulke, it could look like some knitted body condom, and go down to his knees- we just won't know till it gets there, will we. Of course I was going to add some fancy schmancy headphones in the package too, but don't you know he went and bought them for himself the very DAY the idea occurred to me that it would be a fun gift. In order to keep from fussing at him, I decided that it is an indicator of compatibility.
And finally, the Vampire Bunny Slippers. I have one slipper done. These are so fun yet annoying to make. They would be nothing but fun to make, if I had two US8 circular needles. I don't. I have one interchangeable set and two cables. So, there's lots of sitting around and screwing and un-screwing needles and such. I havent woven in ends or added the special touches, but they involve some white felt, some stitching, some big ears, and a healthy dose of awesome. I just love pink bunnies doing bad things.
Anyway, that's what I have been up to, in various stages of completion when I am not being a Doggie Therapist.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice. Hats are hard to size. I usually make them too big or too small.

Anonymous said...

You don't need two sets of size 8 needles if you're using interchangeables. Use the 8s on the working ends of the cables, and some 7s on the other sides. Works like a charm!