Sunday, July 20, 2008

Long Time, No Update

Wow, it's been forever since I updated, and now July is almost over. At least that is what it feels like to me! Alright so here's what I have been up to (you may want to get a snack, or a beer or something. Go on, I'll wait.)

Okay so I returned home from Knoxville, and it was awesome! Lots of time by the pool, three stellar shows at an amazing venue, and most importantly plenty of quality time with MSG. It was great to have that time together, and we had a blast. Of course, it was terribly hard to say good bye, but there is still so much going on that I am just trying not to dwell on it too much. Anyway, the shows were truly something. I just love being able to see a concert like that; it just feels so much more intimate than a big amphitheater. Fancy! Maya was on super good girl behavior the whole week. She was perfect in the car for the 5+ hour drives and just generally nice to have around. Thank god for that one, because it could really have been a disaster.

In health news, I am under the weather. I think that it just comes as a side effect of Post Panic Depression. I usually get a case of the sniffles along with PPD, so this little summer cold was not unexpected. Too much hotel room air, booze, and late nights. They catch up to me these days. Sigh.

Luckily since I have been under the weather I finally got to get back to the knitting. I have really neglected that for about as long as I neglected the blog. Shame on me! But now I am working on the calorimetry again- this time in Lamb's pride Worsted- it's a wool blend and it is some leftovers in the prettiest color blue. Anyway it is a belated b-day present now, and I think that it will be just the thing for the recipient. Hopefully i will take some pics tomorrow of all my WIPs so that I can actually have pics on this blog again. Anyway, I think that 6th time is the charm. Now if I could just finish that damn bag!

Let's see what else: oh I have new music to share with you:
This album is fantastic, and I highly suggest picking it up:

Buddy Guy can't really do much wring in my eyes, but when you add in others that I also happen to like a whole lot like Eric Clapton, Derek Trucks, Susan Tedeschi, and Robert Randolph (well his act is a bit tired IMO but he is still talented nonetheless)and wow, just wow. Also, this is a band I heard on the radio this morning and I thought they were really great. I liked what I heard on MySpace a lot:

Wild Sweet Orange outta Birmingham. You can listen to them on their MySpace so that you can rapidly fall in love with them and then snag their album (and their EP for that matter!) just like I did. Anyway, I like finding out about good new bands that everyone else should know and love. Telling others about music is just a stunning combo of some of my favorite things: music, telling people what to think, and my impeccable taste. Sadly, my humility does not fit in there anywhere. Oh well.

Alright, that is all the news that is fit to print today. I think that I am going to start tackling the second bedroom, this den of clutter and ick in which I sit to blog, and then maybe go to the soup store and get some soup. Yes, sick people need soup. Everyone knows that. In which case, maybe I will go for soup first. You know, to build up my strength. Yeah that's it. Then some knitting, then some napping. Yeah, there's worse things that being me today.

No comments: