Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Missing



MISSING:

I'm not making this up- you gotta believe me.

Nasty Nate has gone missing. I came home one day (shamefully not today, this is just odd news, not breaking news) and he was not in his tank. He was not floating at the top. Now he is about 2, so I would be comfortable with his passing. He lived a long fishie life. But he wasn't there. I shook up the tank, thinking that maybe he has passed away, but was stuck in the fancy live java ferns he lived in. Nope. No Nate.

I don't think that Charlie ate him. Charlie is the suckiest hunter of all things ever. He was marginally interested in Nate for about ten minutes the day I got him, and never since.

He probably didn't jump out of the bowl and land precisely in the garbage disposal. If he did I would have seen him in there- I looked before I ran it when I could not find him. Unless- Nah, I don't think that Charlie would have watched that amazing feat of beta fish gymnastics and then rushed to go turn the disposal on. If he had, I HIGHLY doubt that he would have made the effort to turn it off afterwards.

What did he do? where did he go? What's happened to my fish? Is he alive? Is it wrong that I am debating on either making a terrarium in his bowl or getting a new purple beta fish and naming him either Mr. Belvedere or Art Garfunkel? What's the acceptable time for investigating or mourning my fish? I hope you think 15 minutes is okay, because I have pretty much already moved on.

1 comment:

Kerry said...

One word... Maya

I bet she ate him when one day when you weren't home. She was thirsty, needed a little sip of water... he didn't stand a chance.