Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Felted Soaps: An Adorable Secret Weapon in the War on Germs

Okay, so I decided that in the spirit of making this blog slightly more than marginally interesting to look at once in a while when the odd picture of an unfinished Knitted Thing shows up, I would start doing a semi-regular and rather attractive compilation of lovely things I come across on the magical thing that is ETSY. It is the least I could do while spending hours and hours playing on the net at work.

So today I made a fantastic discovery. Literally life changing. Perhaps you have seen these, but I most certainly have NOT.

FELTED FREAKING SOAPS!!!!


Okay so here's how these little beauties work: it's soap (duh) but it's wrapped in wool and then hand felted so you use it like soap wrapped in a scrubby washcloth! And apparently the soap and the wool shrink together so your ingenious little funk fighter is usable all the way to the bitter end. All I know is that I am gonna start buying these up and saving them for christmas presents and cheer myself up presents and birthday presents and thank you gifts and cheer others up presents, bat mitsvah presents (one can never tell when they will befriend some little Jewish girls), sorry I forgot to feed your fish while you were in Europe present, Happy Bastille Day present and the various and assorted lame-o occasions where you need a present to give to someone who may or may not smell bad.

Here are some of my faves, and the shops in which they dwell:
Cucumber, Lemon and Aloe from Amelia Makes Art


Never in my life have I wanted to hug or squealed at the sight of soap. Frankly, if I had before seeing the uber cute soaps in PoofNoggin's Shop I would commit myself, or at least re-examine my hygeine habits.

And finally one that seems to be really functional and good smelling, and gawd do I adore the smell of green tea, alpaca felted soaps from RainMAMA's shop



mmmmmmm, soap.

No comments: