Wednesday, July 2, 2008

today gets a gold star



Today was a great day!

I got my half day at work that would make up for the half day off on Friday (its a paid holiday, but I only work till 11:30 on Fridays so I would have missed out on half a paid day. Nevermind. It's confusing.) so I left work on a beautiful day and set out for the yarn store.

Well, I had the very very best of intentions. I really did. I told myself that I could spend $25, and that was IT. Since i got the email about their big huge sale with tons of stuff being half off, i decided to go and get a little treat, namely something cheap and nice for the calorimeter for this month's knitalong. Well, as you can see above I got a bit carried away. I only shopped the sale, but I really shopped it out. that is $150 worth of yarn for like $73. I cleaned them out of both colorways of the Needful Yarns, and those two GLORIOUS skeins of Prism Lotus yarn in Peacock. I wish the pic showed how beautiful they are. And the are a wool, bamboo, and silk blend, so they feel amazing. Those were the last two in that colorway, and I am do glad I got them. They were too spendy for me even on sale, but I can honestly say that it will be a long time before I spend that much regular price on a skein of yarn. or two. Oh and that little orange ball at the bottom is my greatest triumph. It is Debbie Bliss cashmerino and it was in the orphan bin for $3! Sigh. I just love sales!

then, the best part of the day happened: I got a call from Kerry, who I haven't talked to in ages and needed to desperately catch up with. It was great talking to her and catching up on what the two of us have been up too. And although she is quite the glass artist, she is also a knitter too and so it was fun to squeal about my three dollar debbie bliss find and have someone react with appropriate shock and awe. Hi Kerry!

then after that I took Maya to a friend's house for some play time. She was so cute; when we go over the speed humps on his street, she sits up and knows that it is party time. I could hardly turn off the car and get her out for all her jumping around. She actually got very excited, which i rarely see from her, but pleases me to no end. Such a serious little dog. Anyway, she got to run and play with Wilson for a bit, and is consequently snoring on the couch now. I love to see her having fun.

that's it on a stick. Goodnight!

No comments: