Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Premature Hump Day

Hooray!

Today is sort of like hump day for me since it is a short week what with Fourth of July and all. Thank goodness too, because I have very little patience with my job right now. I am really looking forward to the long weekend, followed by one week, then my trip to Knoxville! Hooray! I am excited for the week off, and I am excited for the three Panic shows at the Tennessee Theater, which is truly a special place to see a show, but mostly I am excited to see G again. We haven't seen each other since Memorial Day weekend, and that distance gets to be really tough after a while. I love when it gets down to us counting down the days, and then the time together flies by, and then it's super hard to say goodbye. But right now it is close, and I love having big fun times to look forward to.

The great destash is going well. I haven't listed anything else other than those three cabs because I am a total slacker. But, I have tons of books to list, and several tools, and some silver maybe, oh and lotsa beads. And resin stuff! I hope to get a lot of that up this weekend so that I can be done with it till someone buys it.

Let's see, what else? Ah yes, knitting crap. Well, I finally cast on that cable scarf, and I am loving it. It is really the first thing I have done like it: my first go at cables, and also the first pattern in a while where there's a lot of changing up of stitches and what not. It's really fun, and it is helping to break the monotony of the bag that wants to kill me. Still working on it, but I had to set it aside because I am just bored to tears with the never ending body. Oh well. I really need to get some more pics of my stuff so that I can show instead of just telling. I hate that I am making stuff hoping that I can use it for Christmas presents, but I love it so much that I want to keep it for myself! Oh well, I am sure that once I finish it and toss it in a trunk it will be forgotten about while I move onto the next big thing. I know that I am joining my first ever knitalong, and it was a really good one to get into right now for me- it's a small headband type thingy for winter, so i could actually wear it, it takes one skein, free pattern, and uses needles I already have. Plus it looks like it knits up so quickly that I could make one for me and still have one to give away come Christmas. I plan to head on down to Knit on Thursday with that $4 that I faithfully did not spend- I got an uber-clearance e-mail, so that must be a sign that I deserve to find a new super cheap and fun skein or two for my very own. You know I won't leave spending only $4, though. Oh well.

okay well that's all I got. This night really seems to have gotten away from me, so maybe I should go do something, or go entertain the dog before she eats my notes for another pattern. Sigh.

No comments: