Thursday, September 4, 2008

Another Mail Call

I haven't checked the mail in a while. I don't know why I have this aversion to it, I just do. And I have been doing a bit of (okay fine, a TON of) online shopping lately, so I thought I would share the bounty.

Here's some fabric from J. Caroline Creative, and I realized when I opened the package that I was then attacked by a moment of premature senility. I bought the one fabric that clearly does not go with the others to make a simple skirt. The others? I think I wanted to make an ironing board cover with one, but I don't know which. the rest, I think I was gonna make either a purse or some fabric boxy type things. I have no fucking idea.
Next is something I am quite proud of. It is a destashing of yarn made from frogged sweaters! I bought it on Etsy, and I feel like it was a steal of a deal. It is like a pound and a quarter of wool. Neato!
Well the colors of the above yarn do not do one single thing for me, (well the dark green is okay and so is one skein of the dark purple you can't really see), and I had money burning a hole in my PayPal and I have REEEEEEEALLY been wanting to learn how to dye yarn, so I bought this:
Then I bought these two fat quarter sets and also this scrap pack. I thought the FQ sets would be fun for aprons, or maybe placemats, or something fun and small. The scraps too. Plus it was a fun way to try out some fabrics that I just don't have access to here in my sometimes style-deprived little town.

And look! A kitty! He didn't really come in the mail, sillies.

No comments: