Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Secret Sewing Project

the pic you see above is the beginnings of a HUGE sewing project. I am nervous about it, but I think that it will be good practice for me. It is nothing but sewing straight lines, but I am a bit worried about it nonetheless. Hopefully it turns out okay, and I will share the results when I am done, which the deadline for that is this week. Wish me luck.

Oh and you will be happy to know that I was dismissed (along with everyone else) today from jury duty! Yay! Turns out all the cases were either settled or continued becuase of various assorted scheduling conflicts. So I decided to play hooky for the rest of the day. We were released at 11, but I came home instead of going to work. I ate a nice lunch on the couch, knitted for a bit, and then took a two hour nap with the dog. After that I did my first but of yarn dyeing ever! Hooray! I will show the process pics in a different post though. Those deserve their own post all to themselves. I think the results will be really nice, but I can't even hang it to dry till tomorrow. I may cheat and take it out of the dye pot after dinner and then have it soaking and what not so that I can hang it to dry outside before bed.

Now I am off to upcycle the dog and repurpose her as a clean pet. That should be swell.

No comments: