Friday, September 12, 2008

Crazy Friday Night

God, I suck.

It's Friday night, and here I am, updating the blog. With knitting pics. I am such an exciting gal, aren't I.

Anyway, the September KAL for me is to finish UFOs like I said before and here is the first one! It's my Lucy bag. There were times where this bag was fun and interesting to make, and there were times where the bag was mindless and just what I needed and there were times when I wanted to gouge my own eyes out with my DPNs because Jeeeeeezus there are miles and miles and miles of stockinette. That's it, just stockinette. Stockinette in the round, stockinette not in the round. Stockinette in a box, stockinette with a fox. You get the idea. Here it is all finished*, and before felting:

Here it is after two rounds in the washer, and stuffed with plastic bags and waiting to be dried.

the color is much more accurate in this pic than the top one. But it was the last like ten minuted of daylight and I snuck outside to take it's pic pre-felted. It still boggles my mind how much stuff shrinks when you felt it. So fun. Oh and I think that I am going to have to hand felt parts of it that refused to felt as much as the rest. I don't want to put it back in the wash and royally screw it up otherwise.

Also, I have some yarn hanging out in the dye pot in the kitchen on top of the stove. Um. Hmmmm. I wanted to try a multicolor kettle dying technique and I am pretty sure it will not be acheived unfortunately. Oh well. I am not all that worried about it- the great thing about this is that I plan on playing with dye pretty much all weekend and then anything that turns out bad (like this will that's in the pot now I think) I will just over dye black and see if I can't do something cute with it later. I am trying not to be like I was with jewelry, so afraid of wasting materials that I would never try something and be horribly crushed when it didn't work out. And now that I think about it, I don't think that I even really LIKE multicolored yarns that much! Luckily it's just fucking yarn and even luckier, I have a good bit just waiting to be dyed. Either way I will share pics of all my dyeing failures and triumphs alike i promise.

*please ignore the potting soil all over the place. Prior to this pic being taken, Charles the wonder cat went on one of those Kitty Rampages, where they bounce everywhere and run and crash into things and then tip things over and sit down immediately and furiously lick themselves as if to imply that they couldn't have made that big mess over there when clearly they are in the middle of washing their face.

1 comment:

nancyrosetta said...

I'm having such a crazy Friday night that I am here reading your blog at close to 1am!
I love the bag! I am inspired to make my own, but I crochet. I can't knit to save my life.
Must learn to knit, must learn to knit, must learn to knit...