Sunday, September 7, 2008

My Couch Got a Facelift!

You know I love a good before and after.

Here's the before, but it's a pic you've already seen- just thought you would like to remember the couch as it was- a lovely purple during the Reagan Administration, now a color I like to call Eyesore Mauve. Please ignore the sullen foxhound in a dress and focus on the sadness of the couch.



And NOW! Feast your eyes on the fun and excitement that is my new cushions! I am still tweaking the cover, and handsewing the top cushions shut so it's a bit of a work in progress. But, it is a million percent better.



Later on I will have to take a pic of it with it's friend The Armchair. the armchair was finished in April, I think(?). So obviously the couch is happy to be just as snazzy. But I didn't feel like cleaning up the living room enough to show you it.

Love it!

2 comments:

Kerry said...

LOVE IT!! That fabric is fantastic.

nancyrosetta said...

ditto what Kerry said!

I love that fabric, too. You bought those cushions, right? Cause if you made them, I will have to commission you to re-do my whole house!