Friday, December 5, 2008

Behold, A Thing I Made.


A headband.

A Bamboozled Headband, that is. I still feel like I look dumb with things on my head, but this is made with Debbie Bliss Cashmerino (which I got from the orphan bin at Knit a while back and it was cheeeeep and so soft) and I love it. Keeps my ears warm while I am puttering around the house- still haven't turned the heat on!

Now, I am getting ready to start a hat, and I hope that by continuing to make different things for my head that I will get over the belief that I look dumb in hats. I really want to get over that, so I am just gonna wear them like I am getting paid.

Now the funny thing is, one part of the pattern is completely wonky. that is because I was reading the chart backwards while working on this during the election coverage. I was soooo worked up that I wasn't paying attention! Then I got it together later on. I thought about ripping it all back, but honestly, it's not worth it. I refuse to waste all the knitting time I have when there are babies coming and Santa coming too on a stupid headband. Besides, it will remind me of how high emotions ran on election day, and I forget about it when it's on my own head anyway.

2 comments:

Ricë said...

this is my favorite line so far: I feel like I look dumb with things on my head.

that's EXACTLY how i've always felt. it's funnier when you say it, though. is there hope? some sort of Head Ornament Training Program, you think?

Holly said...

Ya know, I once got an email that said that girls and dogs are alike because they both look silly in hats, or something to that effect.

I have always wanted to be someone who looks cute in winter hats, but I don't. I wanted to be able to pull my hair back with scarves in summer, but I look like Aunt Jemima when I do.

I think that there is hope though, and the solution is possibly to not give a shit if I look dumb or not. It works for most other things I put on.