Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Why Haven't I Been Doing This All Along?

Have you ever started doing something and then just felt like it was the answer to all your problems? And you couldn't believe it took you so damn long to get to the oh so very simple solution to all your woes?

Well, I didn't do that.

But I did get this super cool landscape format sketchbook from Rice-with-two-dots-over-the-e-but-I-can't-figure-out-how-to-make-
that-happen-so-I-didn't-which-is-pretty-lame at the Voodoo Cafe. She was nice enough to give it away on her blog, and even nicer because she gave it to me. Anyway, I have already had so much stinking fun with it, and it is a huge help in me trying to abandon the Scrap Paper Method, which is how I manage finances, keep track of shopping to be done, important dates and phone numbers, and all the keys to life's secrets.

Well, I am not keeping all that stuff in here, per se, but I do have all the details for projects I am working on and it's saving me so much trouble.

First and foremost I had to get out the fun paper and fancy it up.

Front:
Back:

Inside Front Cover:

That dark maroon stuff is velvet paper. I keep on fondling it, and I like it lots. I still have a ton more to add to it (I am feeling sequins in the front for sure), but it is at least functional now. I have gotten out the stamps, the markers, and the watercolor pencils. It's good for tracking down supplies for a project, keeping notes on knitting and where I am in patterns, and also doodling when I can't make myself do anything else.

the idea came from here, but I couldn't bear to glaze over the handmade papers. I covered up the cool texture before, and well, that was really just a stupid idea. Not this time. Is it wrong that between the handmade paper and the velvety paper, I am sort of copping a feel on my fun new book?

No comments: