Friday, December 12, 2008

A Snowstorm!


I simulated one in my kitchen windows. I got the idea here, and it took a while, but it was fun to do while watching crappy reality shows. I love it, and I think that I am gonna leave it up through January.

In unrelated news, this weekend I go for my orientation for volunteering at the shelter where I adopted my dog. I'm really excited. I plan to tell them to pat me down and look in my purse every time I leave so that I don't sneak away with any kittens. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Love your snowstorm! I'd love to do that for my kitchen windows. We're not getting any snow and I want some!

I'm laughing about your getting patted down every time you leave the shelter. My husband would be smuggling out one every day if he worked there. I'm constantly having to say "No, we do not need another kitten."

Good luck with that!

Ricë said...

so how do you think it would work using monofilament (fishing line) instead? would it look better, or not so much? does the white of the dental floss add to the effect, do you think? (if you answer all these for me, then i'll know whether to steal some of earl's dental floss (mine is blue and fuzzy = not very snow-y)or just go with the fishing line.

Holly said...

I would absolutely go with the fishing line! My floss gave the snowstorm a nice minty scent, but those don't look nearly as realistic as the ones I used the fishing line on. (i only did about 5 of the floss before I remembered I had fishing line). And if there's one thing I demand out of my paper snow storms, it's realism!