Friday, December 19, 2008

Hooray for Pincushions

I never thought that one thing that could get me fired up would be pincushions. I am really feeling a lot of pincushion love lately. Does that strike anyone else as strange?

Anyway.

I made this one from the book Warm Fuzzies by Betz White. the book is really cute, and so are the projects. Anyway, I have been collecting and felting sweaters for a few months, and even though I have had mixed results and a lot of things that just would not felt (grrr, superwash wool, you sneaky bastard) but i am starting to have the sweaters pile up around me, but I was having trouble actually cutting into them, but I finally bit the bullet and made a little cupcake pincushion for a friend. I think they are cute, and I think that a teensy one could be really fun.


But then! I got one in the mail on the same day that I set the cupcake free and mailed it to said friend. I got this little beehive from Kitty Kitty Crafts in the big mega super huge Giveaway Day from the Sew Mama Sew! blog. The little bee pins are too cute and it makes me smile from it's spot on the sewing table.

(This is totally her image too, I am stealing it. How awesome are the little bee pins, anyway?
Give some, get some, get fired up about pincushions.

Now that's something I bet you never thought you'd hear.

2 comments:

nancyrosetta said...

Cute cupcake!

I don't see the beehive one tho. I feel gypped. ;P

Kerry said...

I LOVE MY CUPCAKE!!!!

Thank you Holly, the cupcake and tea were such an unexpected surprise and really brightened my shitty week. I tried calling you, did you get my message?

Happy Solstice :)