Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Brown Paper Mittens and Whiskers on Grannies, and Things Tied up with String....

these are a few of my favorite things! I can never remember the words, but I like the song anyway.

I would like to mention- I had all my posts scheduled for the week (I know, that's like cheating, but I am busy!) and then yesterday Kerry showed her tree and ornaments! Great minds, they think alike I tell ya. So here's mine.

I figured I would spare you pics of my tree and show you closeups of my favorite ornaments instead. I think tree pics are fabulously boring. I mean, you can't see anything that well, and I am a total ornament whore. I feel like all my ornaments run the gambit between sentimental and out and out fabulous and of course shiny. And I have been known to peer owlishly into other people's trees to see their ornaments.

These are two of my faves:


I can't believe that in the course of editing the pics, and deleting the worthless ones, I deleted the good one of santa and kept this awful thing. I will try to get a better one.

I tricked you, HAHA! Here's my tree.

3 comments:

Ricë said...

i love the ice cube ornament--it reminds me of one we had when i was in jr. high--it was a plastic ice cycle snowman, i think. cheesy but loved. not that yours is at all cheesy!

nancyrosetta said...

Very nice ornaments, very nice tree.
I guess we should start thinking about getting one.

'Whiskers on Grannies'...heehee!!!

Holly said...

My tree is totally cheesy, and that's why I love it! It is a shrine to snowmen, snowflakes, and Santa. None of those things exist as far as I know here in the south, so might as well make them fun.

Nancy, hurry up and get a tree! Rusty is missing out on the fun of drinking out of the stand.