Sunday, December 28, 2008

Now It Really Is The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

I'm so excited. It's finally almost here.

Without a doubt, New Year's Eve is my all time favorite holiday. I know I've told you why before, so I will try not to go on and on about how much I love the start of a year. I didn't tell you this though- I love the motivation it brings to be better. It's a fresh start coming on the heels of 365 days of learning through trial (and double this if you're me) and error. This year more so than others though: just 20 days into the new year, we start a whole new chapter in history. We get another chance to make things better than they have been, and I think that's really exciting.

I did have a big long winded and sort of pious sounding post written out about what I hope to do this year coming up, but I think that I will keep it to myself till I see it actually working out. Plus, the thought of putting it out on the internet made me feel sort of naked, like that dream I had just before college graduation where I showed up for Commencement and was wearing a giant t-shirt of my dad's that I had been sleeping in since the 6th grade or so.

Anyway, I hope your new year brings you the motivation to make the things you want become a reality. And I hope that you ring in the new year however suits you best. (I will be in Atlanta at the Fabulous Fox for The Derek Trucks Band.) BF arrives tomorrow night, so I will be absent for the remainder of the week.

See you next year!

4 comments:

nancyrosetta said...

Have an awesome time, and be safe!!

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great week with the BF. Jealous you have NYE plans.

Ricë said...

happy new year!

Beading Help Web Editorial Team said...

What the **** happened to my comment????

Well, so...

Have fun, stay safe. And hang out with us a little more. We miss you AND your crabby cakes, missy.

love ya!
Lynn