Wednesday, December 10, 2008

It's a Bird! It's a Plane! It's a...Bowl.

I made a bowl the other day. When my paper stash and I rekindled our romance, we had hot make-up crafting and we did some paper mache' (I like to pronounce it pa-pee-ay mah-shay to feel fancy).

And here's the bowl.



I like how relatively plain it is, and how I can dump tiny little ornaments (that double as cat toys when hung on the tree) and now it says, "Hey look at me, I don't totally hate this time of year, but I don't love it enough to put out wacky stuff that isn't my normal style either." Looks kind of cute on the old pub table. And I figure I can put seasonally appropriate things in it, or things that I pick up when the dog and I go walking (but not poop! I pick that up but would never put it in a bowl. That's just gross.).


I made it using this tutorial's influence and a term paper about Guatemala, an article about Newton and Einstein, a page from a book that's in Spanish, and some wacky keyboard song book thing. Fun times.

No comments: