Wednesday, August 20, 2008

And This, My Dears, Is What We Call Fail

So today was another surprise day off, and I thought that I might get a few things done while I had this most glorious time. One of those was the uber bright idea to paint the interior of my bookshelf a fun color. Like this odd lime greenish color. The good thing is that more than likely, this bookshelf will not be going when I move out of this place. The bookshelf is one of those Target things, made of compressed cardboard or something. So, what happened is not exactly a huge loss because it isn't like the damn thing is a family heirloom or something.

Obligatory Before Photo

And I don't knwo what the hell possessed me to do this but I used spray paint inside. Yeah I know, stupid. Do as I say, not as I do. Well, don't even do as I do. Here's a somewhat in progress shot:

And then finally, what it looks like with a box of books taken out for the thrift store:


And now, let's all say it together:

Meh.

It actually looks better in the picture than in real life. Not sure what I was thinking. They can't all be winners, I guess.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so blogging isn't internet?
fasting?
people notice you are . . . away
get back and make a sassy remark

Kerry said...

I have that exact same shelf, two of them actually... in the kids rooms. I think you were on to something there. I would have pulled the backing off though, rather then taping it like crazy. Then so ahead and spray paint. But spray outside and do it thicker.

I do like the finished product. Don't hate it because it isn't perfect.

Holly said...

No, silly tutu, this was the exception! Remember? This and online banking.

Kerry, I tried to pull the backing off, because that was my original idea, and those teensy little nails are stuck in there forever! I tried to get them out, but it was too hard and messed up my nails, so I gave up.