Monday, August 4, 2008

More Music You HAVE to Listen To

I love when things grow on me.

Wait, that sounds bad. I don't mean like moss or irregular moles or anything like that. I mean like when there is something that you either hear or see or watch or wear or make or eat and it doesn't do much for you the first time around. Then, the second time or maybe it takes till the third time you hear or see or watch or wear or make or eat it, but then all of a sudden it just blows you away.

I especially like it when it happens with music. It's cool how I almost missed out on how great this is, but then I didn't and now I know how great it is. This very thing happened today as a matter of fact.



It's Adele, a 20-year-old English jazz singer. She's fantastic. I can't get over this girl's voice- how the hell does she sing like that? I mean being so young and yet so soulful, not how does she actually go about the business of singing. She's like Amy Winehouse, but without the beehive and scabs and crack pipe.


No comments: