Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sewing Update

In case you were wondering, yes I have played with my sewing machine.

It has been interesting to say the very least. I have an incredibly huge amount of stuff to learn, and I think that I may break my long held tradition of teaching myself to do everything and I may just suck it up and sign up for a class. It has become terribly apparent to me that I am not naturally good at this, and also that I really want to be. Further I have learned that I love nice fabrics, and that I want to not waste a bunch of money and time learning how to do things.

Therefore, I am online looking at my county's community ed site. Holy smokes. the good thing I can say about it is that it is apparent that the cost of classes does not go to upkeep of the website. Wow. I have also accomplished a great many things while looking at it, or attempting to. I re-started the laundry I left in the wash two days ago (I hate when I do that) and I also started dinner and wrote the drafts of like three blog posts- all while waiting to see if there is a sewing class to take somewhere. I sure hope so. For god's sake the only class that has loaded so far is beginning floral design.

Okay it finally loaded and YAY! There is a class and it starts in October. Hmmmm. Perhaps I will check somewhere else. I don't wanna wait a month to learn how to use my sewing machine. I could teach myself by then.

No comments: