Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Happy Happy Happy Day!

Wow, this never happens to me, EVER. Today i got non-paycheck related MONEY!

Yay!

I got a bonus at work today. Apparently it was a thank you for the trying summer we have had. I was not aware that it was even that trying, and that is a bonus in and of itself. Throw in some cash, and now you are really speaking my language.

What does one do with unexpected money? I mentally slaved over this idea. First of all, some of it had to be spent on a plane ticket for the beginning of October. I am going to MSG's sister's wedding with him, so that took care of that. Otherwise, I would have had to save save save this whole month, and that would have sucked. Plus, with my luck I would have saved based on what the price was when I last checked (about 2 weeks ago) and then it would have gone up something awful like $100 or something. So, I got that out of the way and that is nice. Well, that leaves a pretty decent sum of money. What to do with it? Give it to the credit card company? No, that's no fun. I decided that in an attempt to thwart the early (okay fine, well-entrenched to semi-advanced, you asshole) stages of Dimple Butt, I would buy a new pair of sneakers. Mine are in way past awful condition. Okay, so that leaves what I decided would be money for clothes. Or a haircut. Or a steam clean for my car's interior (billable to Maya, of course). Or various assorted home things, like storage bins and those fun canvas bins that I have admired from afar. Or tons of knitting shit, including yarn so fancy and expensive it must be made from the pubes of angels. Or hell, I could start dying my own! But no. I decided that today was the day that I would make something happen that I have wanted for well over a year now:

Yep, I finally bought myself a sewing machine. And because I was a smarty britches, I bought it on Overstock.com and paid like 60% less than retail. We all know how i love a good deal. Well I got one. With a nice little sum to stick in savings just because I can.

What a happy day this is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so now that you have your new shoes are we going to "get up early in the morning" and walk when I am there?