Sunday, August 17, 2008

Internet Fasting

Alright, so I have done some thinking, and I think that it is time to take some drastic measures. I have realized that I spend WAAAAAAY too much time on the internet. I mean, it's really really awful. Terrible even! So I decided that with Christmas just a few months away (fuck off with your protests, I am not getting screwed and spending time in the mall this year) and tons of yarn and things I want to make just piling up, along with house stuff that needs to be done and just isn't, and TONS of other projects I have all ready to go, just waiting for me to get my act together and actually do them, it's time to get serious. Let's not forget that my sewing machine arrived on Friday!

I am gonna go on an internet fast.

Yep, I really am gonna do it this time. Here are the exceptions I am going to allow myself:


*Online banking
*Fantastic blog updates here

*E-mail

*Etsy- only store updates and the like. No shopping.

*Tutorial/Pattern printing and referencing

*DIY and design blogs- gotta stay inspired.

And that's it! Nothing else. So let's see if I can actually get back to doing things, or just blogging about how I WANT to do them. I am hoping to do this as a Master Cleanse of sorts, and get back to actually doing things, finishing things, accomplishing things, crossing things of my lists of things that need to be done, finished, and accomplished.
Wish me luck! I am gonna start with two weeks of no internet, and see what happens.

3 comments:

nancyrosetta said...

I can totally relate about the internet fasting. I think I have been doing that myself, only not as consciously as you are. I commend you on having a plan, and I hope you stick to it. You are a star!

I do check emails, blogs, my etsy store, and occasionally the forums...but I am trying to make more time for production. I am an internet junkie, I will admit to that. Ughhh!

Anonymous said...

does this mean you aren't going to be interneting at work too?

Holly said...

Thanks Nancy!

Tutu- yes, no internetting even at work. You wouldn't believe how much I have gotten done today. And, I brought along a knitting project for when I run out of things to do. Yay me!