Sunday, August 10, 2008

Mail Call


This came in the mail and is going to be Christmas for some very lucky people.

In all honesty, this will maybe be Christmas for some people, but also a bitching felted market bag for me, and if I am being honest, probably a purse too.

I also went to the yarn store and bought some Malabrigo for myself as well as some buttons. It's gonna be a Celtic neckwarmer that may also be a present if I can bear to part with it. I bet I won't though.

Also in the mail this week was 3 months worth of flea stuff (for kitty and doggie) and 6 months of Heartworm prevention for the pooch. Very expensive, even when it's cheap. But it's not very interesting so I didn't take pictures of it.

Oh, and an update on the scarf:

I changed my mind. I really, really like it. Now that I have done like 7 or 8 repeats on the pattern, the colors are working up more like I wanted them to. And wonder of wonders, when I was at the yarn store, this very scarf was hanging by the register! I mentioned to the owner, who is so nice (I think she likes me a lot because I am nice to her sweet little miniature schnauzers who nose around in my purse whilst I molest the Malabrigo) that mine didn't look perfect like hers, and she assured me that if I keep the faith and then block it at the end, It will look much better. I have been tugging on it a little here and there, and I think she may be right.

No comments: