Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Over the River and Through the Woods

to Grandma's house Maya goes.

I need a change of scenery and I need to be babied and I need to learn how to sew. Therefore, I spend Labor Day weekend at my mom's house in Wilmington, NC. I am looking forward to this quite a bit.

There is nothing like going to visit your mom as an adult. I love it! It's worth putting up with the concern over my weight, the mentions of my ill fitting wardrobe and the very vocal hopes for grandbabies. Mom will cook for me. Mom will bring me a drink if I ask for one, and Mom will be sure the covers are pulled all the way up to my chin before bed. No matter how old you are, sometimes it is nice to have your mommy.

Maya is excited too! Well, that's a lie because she does not know what's going on. She is coming with me of course, and that is great because my mother has never met her. To know Maya is to love her, and so I am doubly happy that the two will be meeting finally because my mother was VERY opposed to Maya's arrival at first. So it's great that just a few months later she is welcoming Maya to her house with no problems what so ever. Happy sigh. This will be a nice trip to have her along on as well, we can try to go for walks, she can play in the fenced in yard, and she can be out of her comfort zone, but still with me somewhere that is relatively quiet with limited strangers.

And oh joy for the sewing part! My mom knows how, and so I will be dragging my machine up there with me for the weekend. Mom can help me and give me tips and stuff, and we can FINALLY finish with my couch recovering mission that began in April. It is the final thing to be done here in the house, besides the office. It will be SO NICE to finally have the living room done, and no longer see this odd purple couch amidst all the blue and green loveliness.

No comments: